If you have not tried online dating before you may be pleasantly surprised to find that it is often a lot easier online than it is offline, especially if you are a little shy!
There are plenty dating sites and you can find reviews of dating sites easily online. Here are a few reasons why you may find dating online a little easier:
1) More choice - depending on which dating site you choose you will have hundreds or even thousands of potential dates to choose from near your area. Compare that to offline dating where you are restricted to friends of friends, work colleagues or people you meet in a bar or by chance.
2) Avoid wasting time - if you know exactly what you are looking for you can quickly and easily filter out people that you know you will never be compatible with. For example if you know that you definitely never want to have children you could filter out people who say in their profile that they definitely do want children. This is so much easier than having a few dates and then trying to find the right moment to ask this.
3) Not as embarrassing - it always feels far worse to be rejected in real life by a person that you know than it is to be rejected by someone on a dating site who you'll probably never meet. If someone doesn't get back to you online just move on - it may simply be that you are not compatible or because they are busy with other dates.
4) Ice Breaking features - many internet dating sites have ice breaking features. For example some sites allow you to "wink" at people you like the look of. This is an easy, no pressure way to tell another person that you are interested, almost like catching their gaze across a crowded room. Other sites have fun questions that you can send to potential dates. All of these ice breaking features can be very handy if you can't think of anything to say!
5) Very easy to find people who are similar to you - there are also a lot of niche dating sites on the internet and these types of sites allow you to meet people who are like you. For example there are sites for single parents, sites for people of a certain religion, sites for people over fifty and even sites for people who like to date people in uniforms! Alternatively you can just join a general dating site and use their search facility to find people of a certain age range, people with similar interests to you or people who want the same things in life as you do.
These are just 5 of the reasons why online dating can be easier than offline dating. If you've not tried it yet, what are you waiting for!
To find out more about online dating sites and read indepth reviews of the best sites click here to visit Suzanne's dating site. You can also read about her top 5 tips for creating a good dating profile.
FG_AUTHORS: Relationships:Online-Dating Articles from EzineArticles.com
Check out some of our members that have joined in the last 24 hours
© 2011 Cute4You.com