Did you know there are certain rules you MUST follow when posting Online Dating Profiles? And this goes DOUBLE for guys! If you aren't writing Internet Dating profiles the right way, you'll have NO chance of meeting any women online!
I'm sure you've seen all those Online Dating articles telling you how to craft that perfect dating profile with their list of "do's and don'ts." These are becoming a common cliche in the online media world.
Well, I'm telling you... most of the advice you'll see out there is dead wrong! And when it comes to catching a woman's attention online, you have to be unique and know how to stand out from the "sea of sausage."
The following are MY top ten rules for successful Online Dating Profiles:
- Use a catchy headline that stands out and doesn't wreak of desperation. Yes, you do NOT want to make any mention of seeking "love" or romance. This is not the place to announce to the world; "I need you." You do want to make it catchy though and teasers make GREAT profile headlines.
- Keep it short! It's really simple, try and keep your profile "above the fold," meaning she won't have to scroll down to read your write-up. Too many guys want to reveal their life story in their dating profiles. As I always say, it comes across too needy and "try hard." Short and powerful will do wonders for you!
- Stop listing facts and using adjectives to describe yourself! Oh man, I see too much of this. I'll get an email from a guy telling me to review his profile and what's the first thing I see? That boring list of adjectives; "laid back, adventurous, funny, playful"... etc. Stop it! Women don't respond to facts, they are emotional creatures and therefore respond to emotions and stories. You need to show illustrations in your profiles and describe exciting events that elicit emotions! Learn to speak their language!
- No Negativity of ANY KIND! Yes that's right, women don't want to see your issues in your dating profile. You know how people LOVE being around other people who are fun and positive. And you know how people don't like being around angry, negative people because they make them feel uncomfortable. Well, the same thing applies online. Do NOT talk about your dislike for your Mother, your hatred of your ex, your belief that all women are crazy, your bad luck with dating, your dislike of kids, or dogs, how the President is going to ruin the world, or how you're doomed with bad luck. Nobody wants to see it... so keep it positive.
- Use illustrations to elicit emotions. I mentioned above how women don't respond to facts and resonate more with emotions. Well, use that to your advantage. Tell a story about something exciting that happened to you recently. Mention how you got out of a dangerous situation once. Talk about something amazing that happened on a recent vacation and how that made you feel. You won't believe how effective this can be and women will be emailing you wanting to know more!
- Be specific about who you're seeking. The last part of a profile write up will usually ask who you're seeking. Be sure and know what you want in a woman and talk about it. And no... don't just say that she needs to be "HOT." It helps to know what kind of personality you seek and what you want as far as morals, beliefs and values. Don't be afraid to state your body type preference and if you prefer she not have kids. Always be honest online and don't be afraid to speak your mind.
- Don't lie about your age or height! This is a big one and so many guys continue to do it. How many times have you read articles about women who met up with a guy who looked NOTHING like his pictures because he was 20 yrs older, or 200 pounds heavier, or three inches shorter? Doesn't make any sense to lie in your profile because you'll be absolutely SHOT DOWN once you meet in person.
- Use HUMOR in your profile. This is crucial and does so many good things. Using humor makes her laugh and puts her in a positive state of mind. It tells her you don't take Online Dating too seriously which also shows confidence. Try and be clever and use your OWN sense of humor. It will surely make you stand out from the rest!
- Use assertive language in your profile. This is another one that so few guys do. Using assertive language shows confidence which will raise your value in her eyes. You come off as a "take charge" kind of guy who knows what he wants. Nothing is more sexy to a woman.
- Get your photos right. It's real important you post GOOD photos of yourself on your profile. Make sure your main photo shows your smiling face. Your other photos need to be lifestyle shots of you having fun enjoying your hobbies. Include some friends and don't be alone in all your pics. And no, do not post a picture of you shirtless in the bathroom mirror. Please, this is common sense. Get those photos right!
OK, those are your Online Dating profile guidelines. Stick to them and you'll be meeting plenty of women online. I guarantee it!
Now if you're reading this and you're SICK and TIRED of FAILING at meeting women online then I recommend you check out my other Men's Internet Dating articles. You'll learn how to write compelling dating profiles and get women responding to your emails EVERY time! Just go here: http://www.mensinternetdating.com
FG_AUTHORS: Relationships:Online-Dating Articles from EzineArticles.com